Autores similares para seguir
Ver más recomendaciones
Los clientes también compraron artículos de
Forget the old concept of retirement and the rest of the deferred-life plan–there is no need to wait and every reason not to, especially in unpredictable economic times. Whether your dream is escaping the rat race, experiencing high-end world travel, or earning a monthly five-figure income with zero management, The 4-Hour Workweek is the blueprint.
This step-by-step guide to luxury lifestyle design teaches:
• How Tim went from $40,000 per year and 80 hours per week to $40,000 per month and 4 hours per week
• How to outsource your life to overseas virtual assistants for $5 per hour and do whatever you want
• How blue-chip escape artists travel the world without quitting their jobs
• How to eliminate 50% of your work in 48 hours using the principles of a forgotten Italian economist
• How to trade a long-haul career for short work bursts and frequent “mini-retirements”
The new expanded edition of Tim Ferriss’ The 4-Hour Workweek includes:
• More than 50 practical tips and case studies from readers (including families) who have doubled income, overcome common sticking points, and reinvented themselves using the original book as a starting point
• Real-world templates you can copy for eliminating e-mail, negotiating with bosses and clients, or getting a private chef for less than $8 a meal
• How Lifestyle Design principles can be suited to unpredictable economic times
• The latest tools and tricks, as well as high-tech shortcuts, for living like a diplomat or millionaire without being either
“A practical crash course in how to reinvent yourself.”—Kevin Kelly, Wired
Is it possible to reach your genetic potential in 6 months? Sleep 2 hours per day and perform better than on 8 hours? Lose more fat than a marathoner by bingeing? Indeed, and much more.
The 4-Hour Body is the result of an obsessive quest, spanning more than a decade, to hack the human body using data science. It contains the collective wisdom of hundreds of elite athletes, dozens of MDs, and thousands of hours of jaw-dropping personal experimentation. From Olympic training centers to black-market laboratories, from Silicon Valley to South Africa, Tim Ferriss fixated on one life-changing question:
For all things physical, what are the tiniest changes that produce the biggest results?
Thousands of tests later, this book contains the answers for both men and women. It’s the wisdom Tim used to gain 34 pounds of muscle in 28 days, without steroids, and in four hours of total gym time. From the gym to the bedroom, it’s all here, and it all works.
You will learn (in less than 30 minutes each):
• How to lose those last 5-10 pounds (or 100+ pounds) with odd combinations of food and safe chemical cocktails
• How to prevent fat gain while bingeing over the weekend or the holidays
• How to sleep 2 hours per day and feel fully rested
• How to produce 15-minute female orgasms
• How to triple testosterone and double sperm count
• How to go from running 5 kilometers to 50 kilometers in 12 weeks
• How to reverse “permanent” injuries
• How to pay for a beach vacation with one hospital visit
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. There are more than 50 topics covered, all with real-world experiments, many including more than 200 test subjects. You don't need better genetics or more exercise. You need immediate results that compel you to continue.
That’s exactly what The 4-Hour Body delivers.
From the author:
“For the last two years, I’ve interviewed more than 200 world-class performers for my podcast, The Tim Ferriss Show. The guests range from super celebs (Jamie Foxx, Arnold Schwarzenegger, etc.) and athletes (icons of powerlifting, gymnastics, surfing, etc.) to legendary Special Operations commanders and black-market biochemists. For most of my guests, it’s the first time they’ve agreed to a two-to-three-hour interview. This unusual depth has helped make The Tim Ferriss Show the first business/interview podcast to pass 100 million downloads.
“This book contains the distilled tools, tactics, and ‘inside baseball’ you won’t find anywhere else. It also includes new tips from past guests, and life lessons from new ‘guests’ you haven’t met.
“What makes the show different is a relentless focus on actionable details. This is reflected in the questions. For example: What do these people do in the first sixty minutes of each morning? What do their workout routines look like, and why? What books have they gifted most to other people? What are the biggest wastes of time for novices in their field? What supplements do they take on a daily basis?
“I don’t view myself as an interviewer. I view myself as an experimenter. If I can’t test something and replicate results in the messy reality of everyday life, I’m not interested.
“Everything within these pages has been vetted, explored, and applied to my own life in some fashion. I’ve used dozens of the tactics and philosophies in high-stakes negotiations, high-risk environments, or large business dealings. The lessons have made me millions of dollars and saved me years of wasted effort and frustration.
“I created this book, my ultimate notebook of high-leverage tools, for myself. It’s changed my life, and I hope the same for you.”
From the author:
In 2017, several of my close friends died in rapid succession. It was a very hard year, as it was for many people.
It was also a stark reminder that time is our scarcest, non-renewable resource.
With a renewed sense of urgency, I began asking myself many questions:
Were my goals my own, or simply what I thought I should want?
How much of life had I missed from underplanning or overplanning?
How could I be kinder to myself?
How could I better say “no” to the trivial many to better say “yes” to the critical few?
How could I best reassess my priorities and my purpose in this world?
To find answers, I reached out to the most impressive world-class performers in the world, ranging from wunderkinds in their 20s to icons in their 70s and 80s. No stone was left unturned.
This book contains their answers—practical and tactical advice from mentors who have found solutions. Whether you want to 10x your results, get unstuck, or reinvent yourself, someone else has traveled a similar path and taken notes.
This book, Tribe of Mentors, includes many of the people I grew up viewing as idols or demi-gods. Less than 10% have been on my podcast (The Tim Ferriss Show, more than 200 million downloads), making this a brand-new playbook of playbooks.
No matter your challenge or opportunity, something in these pages can help.
Among other things, you will learn:
• More than 50 morning routines—both for the early riser and those who struggle to get out of bed.
• How TED curator Chris Anderson realized that the best way to get things done is to let go.
• The best purchases of $100 or less (you'll never have to think about the right gift again).
• How to overcome failure and bounce back towards success.
• Why Humans of New York creator Brandon Stanton believes that the best art will always be the riskiest.
• How to meditate and be more mindful (and not just for those that find it easy).
• Why tennis champion Maria Sharapova believe that “losing makes you think in ways victories can’t.”
• How to truly achieve work-life balance (and why most people tell you it isn’t realistic).
• How billionaire Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz transformed the way he engages with difficult situations to reduce suffering.
• Ways to thrive (and survive) the overwhelming amount of information you process every day.
• How to achieve clarity on your purpose and assess your priorities.
• And much more.
This reference book, which I wrote for myself, has already changed my life. I certainly hope the same for you.
I wish you luck as you forge your own path.
All the best,
Anhand des Kochenlernens macht uns Ferriss mit dem "Metalernen" vertraut, einem Schritt-für-Schritt-Verfahren, mittels dessen Sie beliebige Dinge erlernen können, sei es die Steakzubereitung oder das Werfen von Dreipunktern im Basketball. - Das ist das eigentliche "Rezept" in Der 4-Stunden-(Küchen-)Chef.
Sie werden in der Küche für alle Dinge außerhalb der Küche trainieren.
Der 4-Stunden-(Küchen-)Chef ist ein Kochbuch für Menschen, die keine Kochbücher kaufen. Es enthält unzählige Tipps und Tricks von Schachwunderkindern, weltberühmten Küchenchefs, Spitzensportlern, Meistersommeliers und Supermodels, um nur einige wenige zu nennen.
Mais magro, mais musculoso, mais rápido, mais forte. É o que promete aos leitores Timothy Ferriss (autor de The 4-Hour Workweek) em 4 horas para o corpo, guia muito pouco convencional de bem-estar que reúne a sabedoria coletiva de centenas de atletas de elite, fisiculturistas e médicos, além dos resultados de inacreditáveis experiências feitas pelo próprio autor. Entre outras lições, Tim ensina como é possível perder nove quilos em 30 dias com a simplérrima Dieta Slow Carb, ganhar 15 quilos de músculos em 28 dias com apenas quatro horas de malhação e ter uma vida sexual bem mais excitante, triplicando a taxa de testosterona nos homens e levando mulheres a atingir orgasmos de 15 minutos de duração. Não é preciso ser abençoado com uma boa herança genética, nem desenvolver uma disciplina férrea. Tim explica com simplicidade como obter os melhores resultados a partir do mínimo esforço.
Soluções fáceis e eficientes para questões que afetam a maioria das pessoas, como o desejo de emagrecer, tornar o corpo mais musculoso, dormir melhor e ter uma ótima vida sexual.
Tim Ferriss foi considerado “uma das pessoas mais inovadoras do mundo dos negócios em 2007”pela Fast Company. Seu blog está entre os 19 mais importantes da internet segundo a revista Inc.
“Suas descobertas derrubam muitas de nossas crenças arraigadas sobre malhação e dieta.O corpo é mais elástico e moldável do que sugeririam os manuais mais bem-comportados...”Veja
“Um livro de receitas minimalistas para a rápida transformação corporal – um curso relâmpago em como se reinventar na prática.”Kevin Kelly, revista Wired
„Zu dick“, „nicht muskulös genug“, „keine Ausdauer“ – Unzufriedenheit mit dem eigenen Körper ist weit verbreitet und leider oft berechtigt. Viele Abnehmtipps fruchten jedoch nicht und enden in Resignation. Heißt das, dass es keine sinnvollen Regeln für den perfekten Body gibt? Nein, die Regeln müssen nur neu geschrieben werden, und genau das hat sich „Der 4-Stunden-Körper“ vorgenommen. Wer allerdings nur auf die Willenskraft und Leidensbereitschaft seiner Leser baut, scheitert in aller Regel. Deswegen lautet das Motto von Timothy Ferriss: Smart abnehmen und effizient trainieren. Lernen sie, welche minimalen Maßnahmen ein Maximum an Ergebnissen bringen – durch präzise Informationen über die Funktionsweise unseres Körpers und praktische Schritt-für-Schritt-Anleitungen!