- Pasta dura: 260 páginas
- Editor: Currency; Edición: 1 (14 de febrero de 2012)
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 0307888908
- ISBN-13: 978-0307888907
- Dimensiones del producto: 14.7 x 2.5 x 21.6 cm
- Peso del envío: 318 g
- Opinión media de los clientes sobre el producto: 1 opinión de cliente
- Clasificación en los más vendidos de Amazon: nº33,565 en Libros (Ver el Top 100 en Libros)
The Start-Up of You: Adapt to the Future, Invest in Yourself, and Transform Your Career (Inglés) Pasta dura – 14 feb 2012
Precio de Amazon
|Nuevo desde||Usado desde|
"Vuelva a intentarlo"
Los clientes que compraron este producto también compraron
Los clientes que vieron este producto también vieron
Detalles del producto
Descripción del producto
"Being an entrepreneur isn't really about starting a business. It's a way of looking at the world: seeing opportunity where others see obstacles, taking risks when others take refuge. Whatever career you're in - or want to be in - The Start-Up of You holds lessons for success."
-Michael Bloomberg, founder of Bloomberg, L.P. and Mayor, New York City
-Sheryl Sandberg, Chief Operating Officer, Facebook "Forging a fulfilling career is one of the most important--and often, most difficult--challenges in building a happy life. The Start-Up of You is crammed with insights and strategies to help each of us create the work life we want."
-Gretchen Rubin, author of the #1 bestseller, The Happiness Project
"The Startup of You" describes how to take the Silicon Valley approach to building a life: start with an idea, and work over your entire career to turn it something remarkable. In the world today, I think that the startup approach to life is necessary. This book distills the key techniques needed to succeed."
-Jack Dorsey, co-founder of Twitter, co-founder of Square "This great book shows that entrepreneurship is really about taking control of your life, and you don't need a big startup to be an entrepreneur - you need personal responsibility and intellectual exploration."
- Penelope Trunk, author, Brazen Careerist "Silicon Valley revolutionizes entire industries through the way we work. It is now time to export our playbook to the rest of the world. The Startup of You is that key playbook: it will help you revolutionize yourself and achieve your own career breakout."
-Marc Andreessen, co-founder Netscape; director at HP, Facebook, and eBay "A profound book about self-determination and self-realization. By capturing and universalizing the wisdom of successful start-up businesses, the authors provide an exciting blueprint for building a fulfilling career. Invaluable for any person who wants to be a successful entrepreneur - not in a particular company - but in the most important enterprise of all: one's own life."
-Cory Booker, Mayor of Newark ""The Internet has fundamentally changed the architecture of business and society. This terrific book shows you how to live, learn, and thrive in a networked world."
-Joi Ito, Director, MIT Media Lab "Hoffman and Casnocha make a number of astute observations about shifts in the world of work.... As well as explaining network intelligence, or why your contacts' contacts may be the best source of leads about potential jobs...the book also gives numerous tips--including ones gleaned from the world of online dating--about how best to broker effective relationships.
"If you are starting a career, it is an excellent book for thinking through the practical issues you will face in branding yourself in what is becoming a more volatile and very different labor market"
-Tyler Cowen, Marginal Revolution.
"The same extraordinary vision and timing that enabled Reid to found LinkedIn is once again on display with his book "the start-up of YOU." His central thesis, that every individual can benefit from acting as the entrepreneur of their own life and career, has never been more important than it is in today's increasingly globalized, competitive, and networked world."
-Jeff Weiner, CEO, LinkedIn "LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman has pulled off something extraordinary in his book-writing debut. He has challenged a well-worn idea....and replaced it with something better."
Descripción del producto
* Develop a competitive advantage to win the best jobs and opportunities.
* Strengthen your professional network by building powerful alliances and maintaining a diverse mix of relationships. * Find the unique breakout opportunities that massively accelerate career growth.
* Take proactive risks to become more resilient to industry tsunamis.
* Tap your network for information and intelligence that help you make smarter decisions. A revolutionary new guide to thriving in today's fractured world of work, the strategies in this book will help you survive and thrive and achieve your boldest professional ambitions. The Start-Up of You empowers you to become the CEO of your career and take control of your future.
Opiniones de clientes
Reseñas de cliente principales
Ha surgido un problema al filtrar las opiniones justo en este momento. Vuelva a intentarlo en otro momento.
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com
1. (Problem) The macro forces of globalization and technology means you can not rely on your employer for a lifetime of employment and learning.
2. (Solution) Given this new reality, you need to run your career like a startup runs its business.
3. (How) Here is how to act like a startup:
a. Never rest on your laurels or give up - hustle (but don't be a hustler) and persevere
b. Pay attention to your competition, striving to own a niche they cannot or do not serve
c. Have a permanent beta mindset: Pursue opportunities by taking intelligent and bold risk (have a Plan A that you specialize in, always be experimenting with Plan B to pivot if desirable with the knowledge that you can always fall back on the safe Plan Z)
d. Build a broad and deep network from which you can collect and synthesize information. Especially build relationships that expose you to different worlds. Share proactively.
e. Have well-planned, prioritized goals AND be flexible
f. Spend time on an ongoing basis figuring out what customers value and pay attention to WHY things are working or not working the world around you
g. Work in markets with natural momentum
h. Join or start groups of high-quality individuals with shared values
Within the first chapter, I stopped for a moment to immediately order another copy, sent to my daughter, who had just graduated university.
Of course, another central role in the book was to take charge of your career and to CREATE opportunities. The author keeps us into it with different examples of different success stories that have followed these leads and principals. It definitely helped me and I'm sure others, to open their eyes and work harder and seize more in my career. In addition, he taught me how to focus sharply while still being flexible for necessary change. He brings examples at how today's business environment is very different that the previous generations and how we need to be ready for it more than ever.
I highly recommend this book to anyone looking to achieve greater heights in business or any other personal project. It is a very easy and enjoyable read and I think that everybody would be able to gain something valuable from it.