--from the foreword by Christiane Northrup, MD, author of the New York Times bestsellers The Wisdom of Menopause and Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom
"This book is that of a masterful mind-body guide, whose breadth and depth are truly admirable. Mario Martinez is a great teacher who knows how to translate complex subject matter into poetic, inviting language. The result for the reader is a gentle unfolding of self-discovery that is life-changing."
--Larry Dossey, MD, author of One Mind: How Our Individual Mind Is Part of a Greater Consciousness and Why It Matters
"Martinez's book gives new meaning to the saying, 'Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can never hurt you.' In fact, he shows us that words can cause illness. By putting his wisdom into action, we can transform the unhealthy, culturally-based language we mindlessly learned into a mindful, biosymbolic language to bring about health and vitality. Others have written about the power of the mind to create health. The MindBody Code successfully goes one step further by incorporating the profound effect culture has on our well-being. If you're interested in becoming or remaining healthy, read this book."
--Ellen Langer, PhD, Harvard psychology professor and author of Counterclockwise: Mindful Health and the Power of Possibility
Descripción del producto
Why is it so difficult to change our beliefs and behaviors even when we know they no longer serve us? How can certain individuals reverse "incurable" disease while others suffer the effects of childhood wounds despite years of therapy? How is it that the centenarians make up the fastest-growing segment of the U.S. population—even though the majority of people over the age of 100 rarely visit their doctors?
When Dr. Mario Martinez began his career in clinical neuropsychology, he was determined to find the answers to baffling questions like these. With The MindBody Code, he shares the rewards of an investigation that has spanned generations and cultures to reveal the most effective methods for initiating deep and lasting change—and the empowering new science of biocognition that substantiates their results.
Far from a quick-fix approach, The MindBody Code will challenge you to embrace a bold paradigm for health and wellbeing that requires your courage, patience, and commitment. You will not only learn the basics of this cutting-edge science, you will learn to communicate with your body in its own "biosymbolic" language to begin making changes that till this point may have been elusive at best. Through fascinating case studies and practical training in embodying the methodology, Dr. Martinez illuminates:
- The overt and subtle ways our cultural beliefs impact our immune system—and the pathways to healing the archetypal wounds of shame, abandonment, and betrayal
- How to break through the ceilings of abundance that limit prosperity and create the "subcultures of wellness" that will help you reach your full potential
- Lessons from the centenarians—how to transform "aging consciousness" to continually increase your value and competence as you grow older
- Psychospiritual conflicts—getting to the root of challenges often mistaken as psychiatric disorders
Why do so many popular methods of personal transformation fail despite our efforts and intentions? Because they don't address the mindbody code—your body's "operating instructions" for interpreting your world, creating your sense of self, and defining what's really possible for you. The MindBody Code is your key to safely and successfully confront your fears, disillusionment, and learned helplessness with tools that harness the hope, joy, and unconditional love you hold within.
- Explain the overt and subtle ways our cultural beliefs impact our immune system—and the pathways to healing the archetypal wounds of shame, abandonment, and betrayal
- Discuss how to break through the ceilings of abundance that limit prosperity and create the "subcultures of wellness" that will help you reach your full potential
- Utilize lessons from the centenarians—how to transform "aging consciousness" to continually increase your value and competence as you grow older
- Define psychospiritual conflicts—how to get to the root of challenges often mistaken as psychiatric disorders