- Pasta blanda: 504 páginas
- Editor: ECW Press (7 de noviembre de 2017)
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 9781770414099
- ISBN-13: 978-1770414099
- ASIN: 1770414096
- Dimensiones del producto: 15.2 x 2.9 x 22.9 cm
- Peso del envío: 703 g
- Opinión media de los clientes sobre el producto: Sé el primero en calificar este artículo
- Clasificación en los más vendidos de Amazon: nº124,086 en Libros (Ver el Top 100 en Libros)
Bon: The Last Highway: The Untold Story of Bon Scott and Ac/DC's Back in Black (Inglés) Pasta blanda – 7 nov 2017
Precio de Amazon
|Nuevo desde||Usado desde|
"Vuelva a intentarlo"
Detalles del producto
Descripción del producto
"It's hands down the most informative look at AC/DC's golden years, 1977-80, ever." -- The Canton Repository
"Very eye opening. . . Jesse Fink has done rock fans a great service. He dispels the many myths about how AC/DC's Bon Scott lived and died, and in doing so, brings to life one of the most influential, memorable, and complex figures in rock history." -- Greg Renoff, author of Van Halen Rising
"Jesse Fink is not the first writer to suggest that there's something fishy about the official version of Scott's death and its aftermath, but no one else has offered such a plausible or exhaustively researched alternative theory. . . Vindicating old school journalistic rigour, Fink compiles a vast testimony from multiple sources and invites the reader to decide where the truth lies. . . It's a dense, tangled tale, but Fink reveals the humanity behind the myth." - MOJO Magazine
"A very powerful book." - NewsRadio KLBJ 590AM / 99.7FM
"Crossing continents and tracking key figures down, Fink's work here is impressive; his book is exhaustively investigative and engrossing . . . Bon: The Last Highway views AC/DC's final years with Bon Scott as one giant crime scene that has never been properly solved and offers fans much to contemplate." - Exclaim!
"With the passing of AC/DC founding member and rhythm guitarist Malcolm Young just a few weeks ago, reading about the band's original lead singer Bon Scott has become even more fitting." - BifBamPop.com
"Wildly obsessive and doggedly researched, Bon: The Last Highway sifts through the myths for the truth of what happened to Bon Scott on his last day on earth. Jesse Fink, who seemingly spoke to everyone, moves through a complex web of misconceptions, biases, and addiction-marred memories, connecting narrative strands and hitherto unknown facts. As with Hank Williams - another iconic singer who died mysteriously in the backseat of a car on a lost highway - the story of Bon Scott and his tragic demise may never be accurately known, but this one-man investigation, born of respect for the truth and for Scott as a human being, blazes a new trail." -- Joe Bonomo, author of AC/DC's Highway To Hell (33 1/3 Series)
"It was an honour to be interviewed for this book." -- Barry Bergman, AC/DC's publisher and 'surrogate manager'
"Jesse Fink's book is an interesting read and a great page-turner whether you're particularly interested in Bon himself or just a love of a great Rock and Roll story." - The Rockpit Australia
"Jesse Fink's exhaustively researched book is a revelation for fans." - Ultimate Classic Rock
"It is a fascinating portrait of a troubled man with a serious alcohol addiction. . . Fink does not claim his book is definitive, but it is a damn good effort." - Irish Times
Descripción del producto
- Did Bon actually write songs on Back in Black? What really happened on the morning of his death? The book answers these questions and more, exploring Bon's potential solo career, sensational details about his love life, and a look into the rigors of life on the road.
- Features a previously unpublished audio interview with Bon himself, a trove of unseen photographs, and in-depth interviews with such rock legends as Foreigner guitarist Mick Jones and Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony.
- Jesse Fink's latest book, The Youngs: The Brothers who Built AC/DC, was an international bestseller translated into nine languages. It received a 4-star review in Rolling Stone, and AC/DC bassist Mark Evans called it "the best book I've ever read about AC/DC."
- AC/DC's latest tour -- the Rock or Bust World Tour -- ran from April 2015 to September 2016. The band has sold over 200M albums and has 30M Facebook fans. Back In Black is the second bestselling album of all time, following Thriller.
Ninguna opinión de cliente
|5 estrellas (0%)|
|4 estrellas (0%)|
|3 estrellas (0%)|
|2 estrellas (0%)|
|1 estrella (0%)|
Escribir reseña sobre este producto
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com
I enjoyed the about 75% of the book, but it really trails-off at the end and goes into long, boring mundane conspiracy or alternate theories about the day of his death (which was rather uneventful - he passed-out in a parked, empty car). I had to put it down as it failed to hold my interest at that point, just too many rambling, hard-to-follow scenarios and names of people I could barely keep track of.
I had never thought of the fact he probably contributed songs/lyrics to Back In Black, but was never given credit by the Young's, but none of this is proven. The author also goes hard on Brian Johnson, a bit too much really, and he seems pretty suspect of the Young family/brothers (probably for good reason).
It's a nice ode to Bon and a worthwhile book for fans (if you're not a fan or familiar with Bon or the time period, I can't imagine this would be all that terribly interesting), but again I could've done without the final chapters.